Summer Camp registration is all setup for 2020. We are just testing things before we open it. Here are some new things that you will see and some reminders.
About twenty groups have a 2020 GHR code so far. Group Hold Registration codes do several things.
- The GHR shows only weeks available for certain guests. The “staff” GHR shows only staff weeks and bunny camp weeks. This keeps summer campers from registering for a camp staff program by mistake. The AHG code is for the American Heritage Girls Camp (a private camp).
- The GHR code groups campers with their church. For folks like The Bridge Church it helps them keep count for transportation.
- The GHR code applies discounts and scholarships provided to/by chapels and churches that have made those arrangements with Camp Horizon.
- The GHR code eliminates the need for camp to approve group discounts. If your church name and code match, any matching discount is applied automatically.
Note: Do not use a code that does not match your church. These are reviewed by camp and by a representative of the church. If the camper is not recognized then all discounts are removed.
Group Discounts are handled through GHR codes this year. If you do not see a code for your chapel or church and your church sends at least twenty campers, contact us.
Sibling Discounts are a generous $25. This year, CampWise is set to look for two or more registrations from the same login account. If there is only one, the requested discount does not show up. However, if you meet the qualifications and request the sibling discount, it will be applied automatically. Like the group discounts, we will verify that these are applied correctly periodically.
Early Registration is now the Early Payment discount. The $25 discount is subtracted from your total. This shows as an asterisk * beside the balance due. These are only applied after the camper fees are paid in full.
Transportation Fees are now added to the deposit. Campers coming to camp on the South Florida Van are not registered until they pay the van fees and the $75 Deposit. We apologize for the inconvenience that this may cause for some folks.
Paid Activities: This is waterskiing/ tubing. That is the only activity that has an additional fee.
Additional Charges worked amazingly well in 2019. It is here that parents can purchase a set of cabin photos, a water bottle, t-shirts, camp video and pictures on a USB drive, flashlights, etc. Pre-purchased items are ready for the camper on registration day. Because they are prepaid, they do not need funds in their Snak Shak account to buy them during the week.
Camper Medications (not just prescription) can be added and edited at any time. If parents complete the information online, it speeds up things on registration day.
- Campers will receive a free shirt if the register at least 14 days before they arrive.
- Campers receive a 4×6 cabin photo.
We will continue to use one-way messaging. All messages to a camper are printed one one sheet (well, sometimes two) and distributed at lunch. There are two ways to send a message.
- A message can be sent from the dashboard.
- Parents can invite family and friends to send messages. They are provided with a website address and a camper code. Parents can invite themselves as well to avoid the need to login to the dashboard.
It is one-way. There is no way for campers to reply. They do not have internet access.
When our tests are complete we will turn on 2020 registration.